Experian full-year results FY20
7am, 20 May 2020 ─ Experian plc, the global information services company, today issues its financial report for the year ended 31 March 2020.
Brian Cassin, Chief Executive Officer, commented:
“The past year was a strong one for Experian. We delivered organic revenue growth at the top end of our revenue guidance range and finished the year strongly in Q4. The COVID-19 crisis began to escalate late into our financial year with limited financial impact in FY20. We took swift action across our business in response to the unfolding crisis. We have operations in 45 countries and numerous industry segments, including in many of the societies hardest hit by the pandemic. Our priorities have been to protect our people, to secure our business financially and operationally, to focus on how we can help the millions of consumers who are financially affected, as well as to assist governments and our clients as they respond to the crisis.
“The vast majority of our employees are working from home and our operations continue to function smoothly. Our business is strongly cash generative and we have a robust balance sheet and funding liquidity. While we continue to assess the impact of the crisis on our markets, and we expect near-term revenue to be affected, the nature of our business means we have a degree of resilience. We are taking mitigating cost actions in the short term, but we are also positioning ourselves to emerge strongly by continuing to invest in our people and growth initiatives.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the fundamental importance of data as we tackle this unprecedented challenge. We are proud of the way our people and business have stepped up to provide broader help in this time of crisis. We have a role to play in helping societies recover, and we are leading the way in providing education, advice and free tools to consumers as well as significant and valuable help to governments across the world. We are confident that, once the crisis abates, we will be well placed to continue to deliver on our growth agenda. Accordingly, we have held our second interim dividend level at 32.5 cents per share.”
1 See Appendix 1 (page 13) and note 5 to the financial statements (pages 23-25) for definitions of non-GAAP measures.
2 Organic revenue growth at constant currency.
3 See page 14 for reconciliation of Benchmark EBIT from ongoing activities to Profit before tax.
- Strong FY20 financial performance.
- Full year organic revenue growth of 8%, with Q4 organic revenue growth of 10%.
- Full year organic revenue growth in B2B and Consumer Services of 7% and 10% respectively.
- Full year regional organic growth rates of 11% in North America, 13% in Latin America, (2%) in UK and Ireland and (3%) in EMEA/Asia Pacific.
- Q4 regional organic growth rates of 13% in North America, 12% in Latin America, (5%) in UK and Ireland and 7% in EMEA/Asia Pacific.
- Q4 organic revenue growth in Business-to-Business (B2B) and Consumer Services of 9% and 11% respectively.
- Benchmark EBIT (ongoing activities) growth at constant exchange rates of 9%.
- Benchmark EBIT margin of 26.8%.
- Benchmark EPS growth of 8% at constant rates and basic EPS growth of (3%) at actual exchange rates
- Strategic highlights.
- A strong year for new product innovation with a focus on scaling new B2B platforms: Ascend, Experian One, Open Data and CrossCore all progressed in the year.
- Brazil grew strongly. Positive data now launched.
- Consumer Services’ diversification and expansion gathered momentum with millions of new free memberships taking the total to 82m. Significant progress in Experian Boost – unique account connections of 3m US consumers. Latin America Consumer Services revenue now material with momentum.
- Further strategic progress with US$700m investment in acquisitions, including Compuscan. After the year end we agreed to acquire a majority stake in Germany’s second largest credit bureau.
- Continuing commitment to shareholder returns and disciplined capital allocation.
- Second interim dividend of 32.5 US cents per ordinary share, unchanged year-on-year, to bring the total for FY20 to 47.0 US cents per share.
- Completed US$189m of the net share repurchase programme. Programme suspended since March 2020.
Nadia Ridout-Jamieson Investor queries +44 (0)20 3042 4278
Gerry Tschopp Media queries
Rollo Head +44 (0)77 6899 4987
Jenny Davey +44 (0)79 0151 3610
Experian will update on first quarter trading for FY21 on 16 July 2020.
Certain financial data has been rounded within this announcement. As a result of this rounding, the totals of data presented may vary slightly from the actual arithmetic totals of such data.
Forward looking statements
Certain statements made in this announcement are forward looking statements. Such statements are based on current expectations and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual events or results to differ materially from any expected future events or results referred to in these forward-looking statements. See pages 42-46 for further information on risks and uncertainties facing Experian.
Neither the content of the Company’s website, nor the content of any website accessible from hyperlinks on the Company’s website (or any other website), is incorporated into, or forms part of, this announcement.
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments – from buying a home or a car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business by connecting with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organisations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
We have 17,800 people operating across 45 countries and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help all our clients maximise every opportunity. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
Read full article
London, September 13, 2021 — Experian has ranked #11 on the newly announced 2021 IDC FinTech Ranking, jumping from its previous position at #45. The FinTech Rankings is an annual…Learn more
Leveraging innovation in technology to provide access to credit during uncertain times to populations underserved by formal financial services.Learn more
BANGKOK, 02 September 2020 - Experian Asia Pacific today announced the appointment of Mohan Jayaraman as its Managing Director for Southeast Asia and Regional Innovation. Mohan will provide leadership for…Learn more